2021 PhD E-Seminar
Hosted by the AESOP Thematic Group: Planning, Law and Property Rights
Are you a PhD candidate in the field of spatial planning? Why not join the E-Seminar for 15 to 20 PhD candidates in planning and participate in discussions with other PhD candidates and mentors?
Please submit an overview of your PhD research (max. 3 pages) plus a CV before 9th June to Linda at: email@example.com. Content (may include); problem setting, research question, theoretical background, research design, research methods, status of your research, problems faced.
Seminar Date: Thursday 15th July 2021
Timeframe: 10am – 4pm (CEST) (with breaks)
- Dr Linda McElduff (Ulster University, UK)
- Dr Sofija Nikolić Popadić (Institute of Social Sciences, Serbia)
- Dr Andreas Hengstermann (University of Bern, Switzerland)
- Prof Rachelle Alterman (Technion, Israel)
- Prof. Edwin Buitelaar (Utrecht University, Netherlands)
- Dr Rebecca Leshinsky (RMIT University, Australia)
- Assoc. Prof Lenka Slavíková (Jan Evangelista Purkyně University, Czech Republic)
Introduction to the Planning, Law, and Property Rights Thematic Group at AESOP; Each participant/mentor has 1 minute to introduce themselves to the group
10.45 MENTOR-LED WORKSHOPS (1)
Workshop leads will deliver a short pitch for their workshop. Participants can select which workshop to attend on the day
- Workshop 1: Research Questions (Linda)
- Workshop 2: Career Choices Post PhD (Rebecca)
11.30 PARALLEL GROUPS
Each participant will deliver a 5minute (MAX.) presentation on the current state of their PhD research.
Other participants and the mentor comment and ask questions.
14.30 MENTOR-LED WORKSHOPS (2)
Workshop leads will deliver a short pitch for their workshop. Participants can select which workshop to attend on the day.
- Workshop 3: Strategies to build international networks (Lenka)
- Workshop 4: Making an impact; performing science for policy (Edwin)
15.00 COMMUNICATING YOUR RESEARCH TO OTHERS
Each participant will provide a short overview of their research to others (Andreas)
15.30 FINAL REFLECTIONS
Mentors and participants share their feedback on the workshop (Sofija)