Here, we collect general information of how to organise a PLPR annual conference. The information will be complemented continuously.
The usual time schedule is as follows:
- About 18 months before: constitution of the local organising committee.
Distribution of roles, determination of conference theme (if requested), first rough budget, determination of exact dates, reservation of rooms, recruitment of potential supporters/sponsors, …
- 12 months before: Official announcement and short presentation of next conference venue during previous PLPR annual conference.
- At the same time, beginning of advertisement.
including: go-live of the conference website, spreading of printed flyers, etc.
- During spring: More detailed planning
detailed budget planning, determination of conference fees (incl. definition of reduced fee for PhD students, participants of Global South, etc.), recruitment of keynote speakers, preparation of side events (workshops, excursions, receptions, etc.)
- Around July / August: Phase of most intensive advertisement efforts.
- Including: AESOP and ACSP, newsletters, blogs, etc.
- Spreading also via PLPR regional liaisons
- August: Abstract submission opens
- Mid of September: Abstracts due (submission deadline)
- First week of October: Reviews due
- Mid of October: Review result notifications distributed
- Mid of November: Deadline for revised abstracts
- End of November: Registration opens
- 4-6 weeks before: End of Early Bird registration
- 2 weeks before: Registration deadline
- February: Conference
- March/April: submission of conference report to TPR (usually to be publish in autumn)