Officeholders – ExCo (Executive Committee)
Below we list current and past members of the Executive Committee. To get in touch with a current officeholder, simply use the following email addresses:
- President – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President – email@example.com
- Secretary General – firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD Coordinator – email@example.com
At the 2016 conference in Bern, the following ExCo was elected:
- President: Richard Norton, University of Michigan, USA,
- Vice-president: Thomas Hartmann, Utrecht University, The Netherlands,
- Secretary-general: Cygal Pellach, Technion, Israel,
- PhD coordinator: Andreas Hengstermann, Bern University, Switzerland
Also appointed and member of Exco are:
- North America representative: Eran Kaplinsky, University of Alberta, Canada
- Pacific Rim representative: John Sheehan, UTS, Sydney, Australia
- AESOP PLRP theme group leader: Leonie Janssen-Jansen, Wageningen University, The Netherlands
- Chris Webster (University of HongKong) (host of the 2017 conference),
- Jean-David Gerber (Bern University, Switzerland) (host of the 2016 Bern conference)
The next elections will take place at the annual conference in 2018 at the PLPR General Assembly.
The current ExCo consists of Ben Davy (president), Richard Norton (vice-president), Michael Kolocek (secretary-general), Cygal Pellach (PhD coordinator). Appointed liaisons are Eran Kaplinski for North America,John Sheehan as Pacific Rim representative and Sony Pellissery for South-West Asia. Kostas Lalenis (host of the 2015 Volos conference), and Jean-David Gerber (host of the 2016 Bern conference) are also members of the extended ExCo.
Ben Davy (president), Deborah Peel (vice-president), Thomas Hartmann (secretary-general), Fennie van Straalen (PhD coordinator). Appointed liaisons were Richard Norton for North America and John Sheehan as Pacific Rim representative. In addition, the host of 2013, Ed Sullivan and the host of 2014, Rachelle Alterman joined ExCo.
Leonie Janssen-Jansen (president), Ben Davy (vice-president), Thomas Hartmann (secretary-general), Michelle Oren (PhD coordinator), and the North America liaison Richard Norton, as well as John Sheehan as Pacific Rim representative formed the ExCo between 2010 and 2012. Eran Kaplinsky (2011 conference in Edmonton) , Ben Davy, and Greg Lloyd joined ExCo as conference hosts.
During the Warsaw conference the first ExCo of the Association was elected, with Rachelle Alterman (president), Leonie Janssen-Jansen (vice-president), Miroslaw Gdesz (secretary-treasurer), Thomas Hartmann (PhD coordinator) as members. Liasons with other academic groups such as AESOP, ACSP included. Richard Norton (ACSP) and John Sheehan (Pacific Rim representative). Michael Sorensen joined ExCo in 2008 as 2009 conference host; Ben Davy joined ExCo in 2009 as 2010 conference host.
The founding president of PLPR, Rachelle Alterman, left ExCo in February 2010. She is PLPR’s first honorary fellow.
In 2012, Philip Booth was nominated as honorary fellow.